Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How's your training going?

Pretty good, thanks.

We've been working a lot on speed and doing lots of drills these days because a bunch of folks are racing short distances this month. This week is our last 12 mile long run weekend before Chad, Tara, and I start ramping up the mileage for our marathon training. Can you believe I am looking forward to running 16-20 miles on Saturday mornings? I am ready!!

I've been working on my diet, and am proud to say that I am down 12 pounds since early April and only have 6 to go to my race weight. Ideally, I'd like to lose 13 more pounds to get to 130, but we'll see how I feel when the mileage gets above 45-50 mpw. I know I will be very hungry and grumpy if I don't eat enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo 12 pounds! That's amazing!