Friday, June 06, 2008

Running Retreat

I'm looking forward to the end of the day. We head up to Temple, TX this afternoon for the beginning of our Team Mac running retreat. Tonight we will check into Green Oaks Farm and enjoy a team dinner together followed by movie night with a running movie. I'm sure the movie will be motivational and involve commentary from our team members and Coach Mac.

We'll stay the night at the farm in one of two houses that are on the property. The place is set up for groups, so I believe we will all have beds and rooms to sleep in. I'm interested to see if Chad and I will be 'bunking it' in twin beds, or if there are larger beds for us married couples.

Saturday will begin with a hill workout on the trails/cc path on the property. I think we are doing about 7 miles. We will come back to clean up and have breakfast with Meredith Terranova. Meredith is going to give a seminar about runners nutrition for us, and then we have the option of having one-on-one sessions with her. I have already signed up to have a follow-up session with her to go over my plan from last year.

We'll have an afternoon team talk where we talk about everything from running form, shoes, training philosophy, our favorite workouts, racing plans, and all that good stuff. Chad and I were talking (and laughing) about how we're going to spend the whole weekend talking about our splits. It will be better than that, though I'm sure we'll have moments where most everyone is thinking and talking times.

We get to meet with Sarah Stewart to talk about and try some crosstraining. We will do a crosstraining workout with her. After another team dinner, we have the privilege of a question & answer session with Jeff Galloway. I am excited to hear what others have to ask him and what he has to say to us.

Chad and I have to leave on Saturday night so that I can show up for Danskin volunteering early Sunday morning. We're gonna miss a morning workout, an Airrosti Physical Therapy demonstration and seminar, and a cookout.

2 comments:

holly said...

I'm volunteering on Sunday too! Where will you be!

Sadie J said...

I'm gonna be at one of the water stops. I'll look for you.