Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Report - Oakville, Guero's, Heroes

Sunday we slept until 9:00. After preparing breakfast and settling in front of the TV, we knocked out 2 more episodes of Heroes, leaving only the season finale episode for the evening. Chad had to be at a job at noon and spent a couple of hours out of the house. I used the time to get myself ready and to treat him to some completed chores upon his return. I folded the pile of laundry on the dining room table, started a load of towels, and folded the load of clothes already in the dryer. While the washer was running, I put away all of the clean clothes and vacuumed the downstairs. I moved the clothes to the dryer and loaded the washer with another load of colors and waited. Who knew it would take the dryer almost an hour to dry a load of towels?

Chad seemed happy that some of the chores got done, but it was the comment later in the day about the housekeeper that visits his mom's house sneaking over to his house that really let me know that he liked it.

At lunch, we headed over to the Domain to try the recently opened Oakville Grocery. They sell gourmet food items and specialty foods as well as wine. They have a counter where you can order freshly prepared soups, salads, sandwiches, and pizzas, as well as another cold prepared foods case and a baked goods case. This weekend they were having 'grand opening' related tastings and such, so we walked around and tasted some chocolates and other sweets.

I think that Oakville is going to be a great place to go for a light lunch, coffee, or dessert. The salad that I ordered was delicious, and Chad seemed to enjoy his pizza. We tasted their italian cream cake and it was divine. I highly recommend giving it a try for a light meal and enjoying a glass of wine on the patio (they do sell wine by the glass). I would also like to try their cold case items for a ready-prepared dinner.

After walking the strip at the Domain, we headed to check on Muscat, my mom's house and a few other errands. I don't know where the time went, but it seemed like we then went straight to Guero's for dinner. I love 'The Don' margarita that I always get there. Straight from the menu - 'Don Julio Silver, Cointreau and fresh squeezed lime juice. An outstanding tequila. WARNING: This margarita is too smooth!'

So it was a great day...we finished the last Heroes episode in the evening and are ready to have a great week.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend, Sadie. I like the new pink background by the way!