Thursday, September 13, 2007

Crosstraining - my new front porch

Tonight's crosstraining involved giving my front entryway a boost in the appearance department. I don't have any 'before' pictures, but nothing that you see plant-wise in the following pictures existed before this evening, not even the mulch.

I live in a condo complex that is supposed to maintain the grounds, including the flower beds. However, in the past 2 years, the only changes that have occured in front of my door are the gradual death of 4 shrubs, each progressively further away from my door, and the removal of any sort of mulch or topsoil from the flower beds. I was not interested in planting expensive bushes to have them die, so I found a few inexpensive shrubs that I have seen in other people's beds. Hopefully that means they will survive in mine.

I also know that I will not be living here 6 months from now, so I decided to plant the rest of my flowers in a nice planter that I can take with me when I move in with Chad.

Here is the final result...ooooh....aaahhhh.....

1 comment:

Daryl & Diana said...

Ah, when you move in with Chad...how exciting! We're not allowed to do any grouds work on our condo. Well except for our tiny backyard, but that's pretyy much Rocky's area...we don't go back there.