Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Some Real Progress

Last night and today marked the first real progress in my therapy on my hip. I know I talked about running a couple of weeks ago, but that was with a small amount of pain. I have not really had pain in my hip for a couple of days now, and that is the ultimate goal - sitting, walking and running without pain.

I decided to give running another chance last night at the gym. I was prepared to stop at any point if pain occurred. Lucky for me I did 5 complete laps (.5 mile at 24 hour fitness) with absolutely no pain. I focused extra hard to catch any little tweak or weakness, but I still felt good for 5 continuous laps. Determined not to jinx it, I quit after .5 mile.

This morning I had another PT appoinment with Troy...I actually bent forward and came up without any pain, something that I have not done in over a month. It was amazing to feel nothing! I completed all of my exercises and left feeling really proud. I am determined to beat this thing!

Other info - I ran into my friend Lisa L. at the gym, and it was nice to talk to her. She is training to run the Las Vegas Marathon for fun and then pick up the training to run Boston 2008.

I also ran into Mamie as I was leaving my PT appointment. I was devastated to hear that she has had to withdraw from Chicago because of an injury. She was going in to see Dr. Spears today.

No comments: