Saturday, September 08, 2007

Longhorn Football - TCU

Saturday evening was the UT vs TCU game. Chad and I had fabulous luck with our parking space once again and managed to snag a spot right on the drag at 5:15. We make a great parking team...I am good at spotting them and he is good at parallel parking his truck.


So, for 2 weeks in a row now we have parked west of campus and have enjoyed our walk through campus to the stadium. Chad did not go to UT, so I have been telling him about the buildings as we walk past them. Last week we walked down inner campus drive and got the view of the tower from the south mall. We walked past the business school and Gregory Gym and ended up on 21st street. This week we entered campus at 24th street near the Union, and were able to walk on inner campus drive on the north side of the tower. I showed him one of my favorite spots, the turtle pond. There were tons of turtles out.


The game was a blast, as usual. We were worried during the first half, of course, but I just tried to keep entertained by focusing on my favorite players...Jermichael Finley, Nate Jones, and Brandon Foster. They all had a good game.

At halftime, we went to see my parents in their section to get a better view of the halftime show. I was in the Longhorn Band, so I always enjoy watching the halftime entertainment. I was a little pissed, however, because it seems like we always end up seeing the 'script Texas' show (which is very boring to me and was performed last week) or we are there for the show that is performed to the student side, which was this week. It wasn't too exciting. I just hope they have a good show ready for KState.


We had fun during the 2nd half as the Longhorns gained the lead. Our new thing is taking pictures of ourselves. Chad makes these goofy faces and we end up having to take several to get one that is decent. Here is proof...

No comments: