Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Movie Review - Fracture

We saw Fracture on Friday night. It stars Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. We know from the beginning that Hopkins' character shoots his wife, and Gosling's character is the prosecutor that has taken the case. Throughout the whole movie we know that Hopkins' character is brilliant and just might get away with it. You wonder the whole time if Gosling's character is going to figure out what it is going to take to put him away.

It is full of good acting, and the plot is interesting enough. The problem?

I figured out the twist long before I was supposed to. I got really excited at the time, and blurted it out because I didn't think it that would be the major part of the movie. Turns out that I was right about the twist and the ending was anticlimactic.

Should you see it? Yes, it is an excellent rental. Scale of 1 to 10? I'd give it a solid 6...had I not figured out the twist, maybe a 7.5.

No comments: