Thursday, May 31, 2007

Month's end

Now that May 31 has come and gone I can reflect on how the running and other things in life have been going. I ran 180.21 miles this month, capped off by 3 really tough days here at the end. I am proud of myself for doing all of the miles in the program so far. I missed a few of the gym workouts that I originally intended to do, so next month my goal will be to be more consistent with the crosstraining and weights.

I have had stretches of doing well with my nutrition plan, and recently have had some trouble. I really need to focus on that goal. For whatever reason putting in the miles and pushing through the discomforts of running is much easier for me than dealing with the discomforts of eating habit changes. I will do some internal reflection on that and try to get at why I am sabotaging my nutrition goals.

Chad and I have had a good month, too. I think we were struggling a little with things being kind of 'boring' in terms of our weekends. Some of that, I'm sure, has to do with the increase in training and the fatigue that goes along with it. Some of it may just be that we (I) were not cherishing some of the smaller things that we do together. I'm glad that we talked about it. Maybe I also need to get used to the fact that we are not really 'dating' every weekend, but rather we are starting to live a different life together. Next week marks 2 years since I met him, and what a great 2 years it has been.

So, my reflection this month is a little longer. It has been a big month and it has flown by.

Way to go, me. Bring on June!

No comments: