Monday, May 07, 2007

Fun Weekend

This weekend marked the beginning of marathon training, so bright and early on Saturday morning I showed up dutifully at the RunTex annex. I had been balking all week about this because we were only running 7 miles on the trail...Why in the hell would we need to be there at 6:00am? We would be done by 7. The short answer: Running with friends is way better than doing it on your own.

I was so excited to see the folks that were signed up for Ruth's group. Chris Neugebauer, Miles Tanner, Diane Byrne, and Ardith Rademacher all are in. Also, there are a bunch of folks that are signed up for the long run program that are fun. I think the best thing is that there are folks that have a goal of running 3:30 or better. I will have folks to pace with. WooHoo!

Later Saturday morning I volunteered to help at the packet pickup for the Rogue Trail Series race. It was pretty fun stuffing bags and handing out shirts for the folks as they came in. It was good to catch up with people.

Sunday I continued my volunteer efforts at the race by helping out at the aid station at mile 3 on the route. We were fortunate that someone had already come in and set up the tent and supplies for us before the race. There were about 8-10 folks who had come to help, so no one felt too busy and we had lots of fun helping runners out. It was also fun seeing all of the folks in the race that were in my Pikes Peak training group last year. I was thankful to not be running the race! They sure looked tired!

No comments: