Tuesday, May 08, 2007

First Quality Workout - 2 mile time trial

Tonight was the first quality workout night for our BQ group this summer. It looks to be a pretty good group. I was not expecting so many folks to be there, but it looked like about 20 people in all. There were some familiar faces, and it was great to meet some new folks, too.

After the much anticipated demonstration of the TP massage ball system, we headed to the TSD track. I was a little worried because my right hamstring has been tight for weeks and recently my knee has been hurting as well. Our drills were pleasantly short, so that is nice to look forward to the rest of the summer. I always hated it when coaches made us do drills for almost the full 100m. Seemed a little excessive.

The time trial went as expected. I was pleased to see that I was smack in the middle of the pack, towards the back of the men and one of the first few ladies. I held a 7:05 pace for the first mile and then started to crater about lap 4. I was able to hang on the last 4 laps for a 7:37.30 second mile, so overall I averaged right at 7:20...close enough to what I was trying to do.

No comments: