Friday, May 11, 2007

Running Short Review - UA Velocity

Since my last disastrous running short purchase and public rant about ill-fitting running shorts, I have had the chance to try a new brand. My particular requirements for a good running short include:

- wicking material
- flattering cut (don't make me look fat)
- waistband that doesn't cut into side
- short, but not too revealing
- doesn't ride up between legs
- doesn't chafe
- key pocket of some sort
- won't cling too badly if soaked in sweat

I have remarked before about the Nike Tempo Track short and the Hind PE short. I recently bought a pair of UnderArmour Velocity running short, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. They have a cute cut to them, with the slit pushed a little bit forward to make the thighs look a little slimmer.

Under many test runs, the Velocity short performed well. There is minimal crotch riding, minimal chafing (despite a course feel to the fabric), and overall I have been completely satisfied. I bought a second pair.

No comments: