Saturday, May 19, 2007

10 miles with 2 at MGP

Saturday we ran 10 miles on the Pecos Route. We were sent out in waves again from the annex and I settled in with Ardith, Rob, and Kirsten for the run. We began by chatting about movies and such. The night before, Chad and I had rented The Last King of Scotland and Ardith and Rob had both seen it. It wasn't as horrific or gory as we had thought it would be based on other people's accounts. It thought it was really interesting and well acted.

We ran well through the hills and at one point Ardith mentioned how she had forgotten about 'my persistence'. I am known for just chugging along at a pace and being pretty persistent about keeping the movement onward through our running routes.

My plan was to begin MGP on Exposition at the start of mile 4 of the Enfield 4 route. We would run 2 miles at goal pace and end just past the 3 mile marker on the trail. Our first mile was a little fast. We trucked up the small uphill part on Exposition and used the momentum to carry us downhill and flat to Veterans drive. Our first split was 7:30...way too fast for MGP, but a great comfortable pace. The mile on the trail was 7:45.

Overall, this run was the highlight of the week. Our overall pace was 8:51.

Way to go us!

On a bit of a downer note, I found out that one of our runner friends was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I am not really supposed to talk about it because our friend has not really told very many people. I only know second hand. I wish her the best and look forward to when the news is more out in the open. If she fights the lymphoma as hard as she trains, she should be able to beat it.

No comments: