Sunday, May 20, 2007

Short Leg Issues

So I was told several months ago by my chiropractor that I have a short right leg. I have rotation in my hip to compensate for this and it has caused my left hip to be about 8 mm higher than my right. After many visits for adjustments and body work, he recommended that I get a heel lift or possibly orthotics. I was very resistant to this because I had been told by an orthotist that I specifically did not need orthotics.

Well, I went to get a massage with Ron on Friday and while he was discovering all of the muscle soreness that appears to be imbalanced, we talked about my hip. He independently suggested that I get a thin piece to put in my shoe to help with the imbalance.

I gave in. I bought the heel lift on Saturday from Karavel shoes. I have put in the lowest layer in the right shoe of my running shoe and I have done one run. So far so good. My feet did not hurt. I hope that it works to help my hip/glute issues.

No comments: