Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wahoo!

For a while now, Chad and I have been going to a restaurant in town called 'Wahoo's Fish Tacos'. It is a franchise out of California serving awesome affordable tacos, burritos, and 'bowls'. It is not just fish, but that is what we get most often.

I drafted a letter to them last night:

Wahoo’s Fish Taco
509-A Rio Grande Street
Austin, TX 78701


To the wonderful staff at Wahoo’s:

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for making my dining experiences at your restaurant so great. You are always so courteous and pleasant and all seem to really enjoy working there.

On a personal note, I want to thank you for helping accommodate my special orders. I often come in needing some kind of modification from your menu based on the recommendation of my nutritionist. I love your bowls so much, but I am not able to enjoy the rice and beans as part of my diet for the time being. I have been ordering sides of your grilled vegetables topped with a side of fish. The goal of the order is to create a Wahoo bowl with a bunch of grilled veggies filling the bottom instead of the rice and beans. This has proven to be challenging at times to order, but thanks to Gary for helping me figure out what to say at the register to order what I want. The first couple of times it did not come out as I expected, but you cheerfully corrected the order to provide more vegetables.

I am writing today because of my experience this evening with Jesse as my order taker. At the register, I explained the order that Gary had told me and what it was supposed to look like. Jesse went out of his way to listen to the previous issues with the order and made note with the cooks about exactly how it should turn out. He even came to the table before it was ready to confirm the size bowl that I thought it would come in. The result? The order was perfect and delicious! The cooks also did a great job of preparing and presenting the bowl. Jesse’s level of service was outstanding, which resulted in a great tasting meal that fit my nutrition plan.

Thank you again for providing the highest level of service and great food. You have become part of our weekly routine!

With warmest regards,
Sadie Barrs

No comments: