Thursday, April 09, 2009

Weight - uncovered by the diary

I'm starting to accept that my weight gain really is caused by hormone fluctuations. I have tracked my weight and cycle day now for many many weeks, and it is starting to show a pattern, with a fluctuation of 6-8 pounds. Thank goodness that Nashville weekend coincides with some of my 'skinny' days in the cycle. Now, I just need to do my part in watching my nutrition while we taper.

Wheat update...I've been eating wheat-free for a couple of weeks, and I can tell there has been a significant improvement in my GI system. I'm eating oats, so it's technically not a totally celiac friendly gluten-free. Eating wheat-free is sometimes difficult, especially when you are a carb-craver who is used to her eating patterns. Think no traditional pasta, bread, cupcakes, most cereals. Poor Chad hasn't been able to go to Carrabba's in a while.

However, rice and corn are pretty easy to find with all of the tex-mex food in Austin. Also, good ol' potatoes have filled some of the void. Our breakfast-for-dinner pre-long run ritual is working well, and I can usually make a meal with eggs, breakfast potatoes, and fruit.

No comments: