Thursday, April 09, 2009

Test Drives 2,3,4,5

I'm feeling better about my hips. I can run again. I can run somewhat fast again. All of it with no pain.

Test Drive 2 - 6 miles Monday. Nice and easy. Felt pretty good.

Tuesday - I was supposed to run, but I didn't. Not because of my hip, but because I was completely unmotivated. I lost my mojo, baby.

Test Drive 3 - 3 miles Wednesday late morning. Felt really good.

Test Drive 4 - 5.5-6 miles Wednesday afternoon with Tara. Felt good, and knowing that I ran 9 miles for the day gave me great encouragement.

Test Drive 5 - 9 miles this morning - 1 mile easy, 7 miles 'steady state', 1 mile easy. My goal was to keep my mile times under 8:00 as long as it felt comfortable and strong. The first mile on the trail was rough. I had an optical migraine starting to flare up in my right eye, so I was having trouble seeing the trail the first few miles. All of my mile splits were under 8:00, with most of the time around 7:50. I'll take it, especially with the uneven surface and the humidity. No hip pain at all, though I felt a little 'wanky' the first couple of miles.

No comments: