Thursday, April 02, 2009

Pain in the ass

Pain in the ass, literally. When I went for my massage today, Lisa said that I might have blown out my glute muscles on my right side. Those may not have been her exact words, and no, those aren't technical terms, but basically we're talking about some possible strained glute muscles. If it is not that, then it is likely that my hip is a little out of place due to the inflammation and muscle tightness on my right side and it is probably compressing a nerve to cause the pain. Either way, I was a champ during the massage and took the pain like a pro.

The solution for now? No running at all for three days (suggested by Lisa and agreed on by me and then by coach). Fine by me :). I'm perfectly fine not waking up at 5:30am on Saturday morning to run 25 miles. Do I think I'm missing out on the most crucial workout of the season? Nah. I've already put a ton of work in so far this season. Three days of no running will help any potential muscle strain calm down, so that hopefully I'm running again next week.

I'm going to ice bath each day, followed by heat. I'm also going to do a few suggested stretches to help the area relax. Yeah...I get to sleep in on Saturday!!!

1 comment:

MW said...

I look forward to seeing you on the sideline cheering u on!
Yay!!!!
; )
Hahahahha. Fat chance, huh?!

I'd rather sleep in too!!

Maybe you should get a bandaid for good measure, too?!