Thursday, April 23, 2009

Silver Lining



Our team has been watching the forecast get warmer and warmer for Saturday's race morning. It was going to be 56 at the start, then 58, then 60. Then, the weather forecasts started talking about wind. Heat and wind? No fair!

Well, this morning I looked at the forecast and it is predicted to be 70 degrees at the start, warming up from there. Are you f-ing kidding me??? I would laugh, except that the wind is also now predicted to be stronger and stronger . Finding the silver lining in the clouds (that aren't even going to be in the sky on Saturday) has been difficult, but I think I see a little shimmer through the gloom and doom of the forecast.

Mother Nature doesn't know that I tend to run faster with a bit of wind. Pair warm weather, my ability to sweat, and a breeze...should feel a bit like an air conditioner, right? Silver lining, indeed. It's not the 'ideal' 48, mostly cloudy, and no wind, but it just might be okay.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Yeah, there has been an absolute heat wave striking the south. It was 65 degrees this morning during my run in fort worth. and its going to be hotter when i run the oklahoma city half marathon on sunday.

good luck. stay cool and hydrated. sending you good vibes Super(wo)man!!!!!!!!