Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Awesome! We'll take it from here.

First, a big congrats to all of my friends who ran Boston yesterday. Some were running to PR. Some were running to finish. All were there to enjoy the experience. I hope you all got what you wanted out of the day. It was exciting to track everyone online and watch the 5k splits tick away.

Now it is our turn. We're going to Nashville for all the same reasons...to PR, to qualify for Boston, to run a strong race, to see what is left in the tank.

So, a music change. I might have hinted at this before, but I don't really care for Country Music. Sure there are songs that are classics that I know the words to and there are a few contemporary songs that I can stand to listen to now and again, but running a marathon with country music bands all along the course might just be the perfect example of modern day torture. Saturday will be a test of my mental toughness, trying not to let the onslaught of country music affect my run...it can only make me run faster, right? to get away from the music?

Instead of a traditional running song to get you going on this Nashville marathon week, I thought some superhero inspiration might get you pumped to run. Superman's Theme - John Williams.

No comments: