Sunday, April 05, 2009

Test Drive #1

The last time I ran before this morning was Wednesday, a short 3 miler with Tara where I knew something was officially wrong with my hip. I've done zero miles since then, gotten my massage, done my stretching and the pain had significantly decreased.

I ran 3 miles this morning super easy and so far everything feels okay. During the run there was no pain, but I could feel my hip ready to talk to me at any moment. There were a couple of times where other joints tried to start hurting, but I think that is just the three days of rest working themselves out.

So far so good. If there is no pain the rest of the day, I might shake it out another mile or so tonight to keep the muscles loosening up. I don't plan to push hard at all this week. I'll go to office hours to talk to coach, but other than that, I just hope to get back to 40-50 miles this week. It should be doable, even breaking the miles up into small chunks to get it done. All of it depending on no pain in the hip. I feel much better knowing that I ran 3 miles :).

2 comments:

MW said...

woohoo!!

Keith said...

Great news!