Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prep School

Today and tomorrow are going to be the most important days before the marathon on Saturday. I will be putting the final touches on the preparation that I've been doing for months.

Physiologically -
I'm going to rest. I'm getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night. I'm not doing unnecessary chores or activities on my feet. I'm actually working from the recliner most of the day in compression socks just to have that 'little something extra' feeling in my legs.

Mentally -
I'm reviewing the course maps. I'm focusing on my goal time and what it will take to get there. I'm building my pace band. I'm visualizing myself running well, trying to feel what it is like to be smooth, confident, and ahead of pace.

Nutrition -
I've been really careful about food/water intake this week. Chad and I have our own plans for eating in Nashville because we have a pretty solid routine going for us before long runs. I hope to eat scrambled eggs, home fries, and fruit as my evening meal before the marathon. As a back-up, I can always eat a Chipotle bowl, and will likely eat it for lunch if we don't go eat pasta (which I don't eat anymore).

What will the next two days have in store?

Today - work from recliner, laundry, grocery store, dry cleaners, check in online for flight, pack suitcases, healthy dinner, lots of water, in bed early.
Thursday - sleep late, work from recliner, healthy lunch, lots of water, leave for airport, flight to Nashville, check into hotel, in bed early.

No comments: