Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Shoulder Update

It has been a week since the minor surgery to remove the dermatofibroma from my shoulder area. I blogged about the suture site being painful for a few days on Wednesday and Thursday. By Saturday, I was able to start running my normal runs, and am proud to say that I ran 14, 7, and 6 for the past 3 days in a row.

I have been extra careful with the suture area, covering the area during runs and during showers and baths. I think this has helped keep the Steri-strips on. The doctor's instructions said the strips would stay on 7-10 days, but I never expected them to make it past day 5 (based on previous experience). They are pretty well stuck on my suture right now, and I have not even had to trim the edges.

The suture area is a little itchy, which I have heard is normal when your body is making new skin. So, we're all good!

No comments: