Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quad cramp/strain

My second real 'tweak' of the summer - my left quad muscle seized up last night during workout. I don't think it was a true cramp caused by dehydration. I've had sore quads since last week. I think it is really the beginning of a strained quad, so I stopped running immediately.

The plan of action? Rest/crosstrain today. Drink lots of water. Elevate my legs as much as possible. If I had an ace bandage, I would wrap the muscle as suggested on some websites. No hard running for me until I can run successfully without feeling the muscle.

I hate babying my legs. I want to run strong.

1 comment:

t-bell said...

I missed you last night! And I am taking today off. No running and no cross training. Just getting my massage. Funny, I am so tired and sore everywhere else that my heel pain has gone away...or maybe those trigger point things worked a miracle in 1 week...

think you'll be at the 1000/1000's tomorrow?