Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blues on the Green - Los Lonely Boys

Wednesday night is Blues on the Green night throughout many weeks of the Austin summer. This week was Los Lonely Boys week, so Chad and I decided to go. We needed to run 5 miles, so we went down early and parked our car on Veterans Drive to get a decent parking space and an easy getaway spot. We did our 5 miles at about 5:45 and grabbed a bite to eat at the Daily Juice and Thundercloud Subs. This also allowed us to cool down and use the Thundercloud restrooms to sponge bath with wipes and put on some dry clothes. My hair was still drenched with sweat, so I had to put on a hat for the rest of the evening.

Anyhow, we got down to Zilker with our chairs and a blanket and found a shady spot to the back of the crowd. We enjoyed the people watching and the music (and the dogs). I don't know if the Los Lonely Boys played as well as I expected them to, but it was a nice way to spend the evening.

Here I am in the shade. I made Chad take my picture several times so that my face wouldn't look like the biggest thing in the picture. I think this picture makes me look small...I've definitely lost some weight.


Our signature photo...taken by Chad



The crowd and the stage

No comments: