Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Nix Today's Run, Too. The Bandage Comes Off



You know you wanted to see it. The outer compression bandage came off this afternoon. My mom and I pulled it off. What I wasn't prepared for was the size of the incision below. Damn, that is much bigger and bloodier than I was expecting. No wonder I have been so sore.


The doctor only took a 4-5mm round piece of skin off and then sewed me up so that the scar would be minimal. As you can tell by the picture with my hand in it, it looks to be about an inch long. You can also see that it is positioned in a place on my body that is involved with a lot of movement. It actually hurts me to turn my head to the right because of the muscle movement underneath the incision.


Anyhow, I'm gonna skip running tonight, too. I really don't feel like moving my arm at all, and I don't even thing I can handle going to the gym. The only thing I might be able to do is the recumbent bike at the gym, and it is just not worth it today.

No comments: