Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Friday!

Yay! The weekend can begin!

Today I got a massage from Lisa (Chad's massage therapist). I thought she would inflict more pain than she did, but apparently my legs are in pretty good shape. The only painful areas were in her words 'perfectly normal' and 'in a good spot', so I don't have to worry much about any horrible tendon inflammation or bad muscle damage. I was thrilled to get such a good report after six straight days of running and a hard workout last night.

Today is also day 10 of the suture on my shoulder. The SteriStrips still had not come off (the doc said 7-10 days), so I peeled them off myself. I think the scar looks pretty good, but when I looked at the one stitch that needed to be cut, it looked to be buried a bit under the healing skin. I was having difficulty finding the place to cut, and I didn't want to subject Chad to having to dig through my skin to find the stitch. After a call in to the dermatologist, I had to rush over after my massage appointment and make it to the office by 3:00. I arrived at 3:02, but they took me in anyway. The assistant said that my scar looked really good (yay!), and said that it was obvious that I had taken good care of it. I told him about my running, and he was as impressed as I was that the SteriStrips had stayed on so long. He snipped the snitch with a little bit of pain and applied another set of SteriStrips to help the scar stay together for a few more days. When the strips come off, I will start the silicone scar sheets.

No comments: