Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Slug

Don't tell me it is the heat. I know it is partially to do with the heat, yes, but I have been feeling like a slug. After the somewhat confidence-boosting 20 miler on Saturday (because of the loss of airplane bloating and only needing one GU), I did not recover well. Because I was one of the last folks into Rogue, I didn't do any of the things on my normal routine...no stretching, no pushups, no chai latte, no breakfast. I did get a Jamba Juice all-fruit smoothie on the way home (with whey protein and a couple of other boosts), so some of the benefits of the chai latte and steamed eggs were had. I think I needed an ice bath as well. We ran hills and my right calf flared up the rest of the day. I should have done an ice bath later that afternoon after I refused to do one in the morning. I should have done an ice bath on Sunday morning even, but no.

My legs are tired. I had to cut my run short yesterday afternoon (good thing I got over 7 miles in including the warmup) because my stomach was not feeling right. I'm no longer allowed to have Nature Valley crunchy granola bars before a run. I have eaten them twice and both times my intestines get mad at me...I suspect there is wheat in them, though it is not on the label.

Anyhoo...I need more sleep. I need more water. I need Walgreens to always have my pre-natal vitamins in stock. Today is day two without them. I need to continue to focus on nutrition...that is the only thing that has been good. My weight is down a couple of pounds and I can tell a difference in my appearance (and it is not water weight, either...I've been down a couple of pounds for a week or so with the exception of airline bloating).

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Yeah, its getting really tough out here, but way to go on that 20 in that mess we ran in Saturday. You know you'll recover soon and your body will love you again.

Unknown said...

Hi Sadie!
I'm loving seeing you, even if briefly, on some of my runs w/Rogue...it's always a pleasure. I found the Barbara's Granola Bars work for me while the Nature's Valley do not...Barbara's have no gluten...they are pricey but worth it. HEB typically has them in the organics section.
The heat is surely beating me up right now.
Cheers! Crabby