Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good Week

Things went really well this week compared to last. I got in all of my miles for the week early and I get to take a rest day tomorrow...woohoo! (I bumped my Sunday 3 miler to Friday and it worked out so nicely.) Today I did 21 miles with one Gu at the 2 hour mark. Last week I bonked hard after taking a Gu at the 2 hour mark and then again at 17 miles. It is a relief to know that my body cooperated much better this week.

Next week I plan to go for 80, but we'll see how it goes. Chad's birthday is on Friday and we have plans to go to Dallas to see the Texas Rangers play on the 4th of July. Next week will be a drop down for me, even though I will only get one week at 80 instead of two. I need a week of recovery and am only willing to push it through next week.

Good times on the running front.

1 comment:

MW said...

glad to hear you're surfing good running waves!