Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shoes and Hobbies - Participation Requested

C'mon, play along...please leave a comment (you can be anonymous if you want to) or blog about it on your own blog and send me the link if I don't already have it.

Running Related - What brand/model shoe do you wear most often on a run? (what are some other models you have tried and/or liked?)

I run in Mizuno Wave Riders.
In the past I have run in Mizuno Precisions and Elixirs, as well as Mizuno Alchemys from time to time. I like New Balance as well, but can't seem to get the right model. I also like the Asics DS Trainer for a lighter shoe for speed.


Non-Running Related - What other hobbies or interests do you have other than running?

I try to be the best cook/baker I can be. I would like to be able to whip something up on a regular basis without a recipe and have it taste like a decent chef made it. Perhaps some cooking classes and lots of practice are in my future.
Others - Gardening, Wine, Animals, Photography (I would love a great camera and to take a class), Music, Shopping (even just window shopping), Travel. I would also like to have more time to learn how to sew - I have a sewing machine and can thread it.

9 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm a Brooks guy, always have been. Started off with the Brooks Beast when I was heavier (20 pounds ago) and have now worn the Adrenalines pretty much the last several years. I tried Asics, but got injured in them. Also tried Saucony, but got shin splints. So I just stick with Brooks.
Hobbies: Wine, wine, and more wine tastings.

Mark said...

Running: Mizuno Wave Creation 8's or 9's (I've stockpiled enough of these models for the remainder of my 2009 mileage); not tried the 10's yet.

Non-running: Pottering in the garden (hey, what can I say, it's an English-gene thing!). I love non-motor water activities (SUP, kayak, swimming, rowing, ...) but never seem to have time for them :( Heehee, I didn't know "wine" was an interest, but if so I'd have to say wine and beer. Yes, and travel. I like not-working in all its forms :)

MW said...

Road: Brooks Radius 2007 model. Have only 4.5 pairs left in the magical closet. *sniff*

Trail: Adidas AdiZero-XT I Friggin' LOVE this shoe! So light it feels like a road/racing shoe, but sturdy enough for 3-4 hours of trail running! but i dont think it will cut it for a 100km out in Bandera.

Hobbies: Cheese. I don't think people quite understand how much i love cheese. My cheese drawer in my fridge is an hommage to cheese.

Texas Transplant said...

I run in the Pearl Izumi SyncroGuide 2 which I love. However, I am admittedly biased because I work for them.

I like to do a lot of athletics so that I can eat more food and drink more wine and beer. I also enjoy cycling, swimming, climbing, traveling and reading.

CJ said...

Mizuno Inspire's or Alchemy's with Sole insoles (that's my formula)

Non-running hobbies/interests: golf, wine (seems like a requirement on this blog), baseball, TV, and you (of course)

Daryl & Diana said...

Shoes: I wear New Balance 474's. I picked them up at a little speciallty foot store called Kohl's. :)

Non-running hobbies: love parenting magazines (Family Fun I think is far and away the best), finding fun things to do with the fam.

kirsten said...

Mizuno Inspires with some OTC inserts from Karaval and heel lifts. Tried Newton's and liked then BUT for the price they had better not rub. Noted a small toe rub from the mesh upper as the temps and sweat volume went up.

Hobbies - horse riding - hunter/jumper, sleep.

Keith said...

Mizuno Wave Riders (for majority of training runs) and Mizuno Precisions (for speed work and racing). Tried Brooks and Saucony early on, but didn't have much luck with them (may have been becasue of my lack of running shoe knowledge).

Other interests: Reading, travel, and music (mostly of the classical variety, but I love a good sampling of all genres).

t-bell said...

Brooks Adrenalines for years and a pair of New Balance (not sure which ones) for speed but I lost my toes nails so they stay in the closet usually.

Other hobbies...I really just like to be outside regardless of what I'm doing. And anyone who knows me kows that wine is more than a hobby, its a way of life :)