Thursday, June 11, 2009

My SD Runs - snippets and thoughts

  • Lost Iguana posters - really, if I found the lost iguana, I don't think I'd want to take it home with me and call the owner...can you imagine what will happen when someone actually finds the missing lizard? It looked pretty big in the picture with its owner. Yikes. Totally not the same as a missing dog poster.
  • Restrooms with no stall doors - I'm okay with no doors sometimes, but with a homeless man or a stopped taxi immediately outside, there is no way I'm going in there by myself. No peep show for you.
  • Sea gull trash bandits and flocks of pigeons that are not afraid of people...they don't move. Sea gulls here are huge here in Cali, by the way...their beaks were up to my knee level.
  • Kitty breakfast - six or seven black and white kitties waiting outside of a restaurant, staring at the door. I'm sure once the door opens, the kitties get their breakfast.
  • Park at the Park - Outside of Petco Park where the San Diego Padres play, there is this park immediately past the outfield seats. It opens at dawn, so I ran through there and got an up close look inside the stadium.
  • Sculptures - already posted about them
  • Lots of boats - entertaining to read the names on them. My favorite one is called 'Third Child'.
  • Gaslamp condos - There is a section of condos that reminds me of running in downtown Boston. There are brick sidewalks with walk-up gates and small patios/garden areas.
  • Trains and Trolleys - horns and tracks.
  • Animal sightings in downtown SD - dogs, cats, bunny, lizard (though not the missing iguana), mouse, sea birds, pigeons, crows, hummingbird.
  • Panda Express conference - A whole bunch of Panda Express employees (like close to 200 of them, if not more) were out M,T, and W at 5:30-6:00am walking, running, and doing yoga on the path near the hotel and in the bayside parks. They had a 5k on Wednesday morning and completely clogged the path. :) I didn't mind. It was obvious that not all of them did regular fitness activities, but they all took part in some sort of movement each morning. Awesome.

No comments: