Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh, and a few more things...

  • I woke up early every day between 4:40 and 5:15am to get my runs in. My morning peeps would be proud, though that is really only 6:40-7:15am central time.
  • I ran 10 Mon, 12 Tues, 8 Wed, and 7 today.
  • I really didn't want to run today. My feet hurt from running on concrete and wearing work shoes all week, but I sucked it up and did seven. I had promised myself to do at least four when I set out, so seven is a number I'm proud of.
  • Speaking of wearing work shoes and foot pain...I have a big scab/broken blister on the back of my left foot from wearing dress shoes all day. Not fun to run on.
  • If I get the notion, I might run a few more miles tonight or tomorrow. I did plan ahead and bring a spare set of clothes in case I needed to split my miles into a 2-a-day because of my work schedule.
  • I have done my push-ups and situps while I am here.

This has been the most successful work trip in terms of maintaining my fitness goals. If only my nutrition could be perfect while on the road as well. Eating banquet food and restaurant food can't always be what is best for a runners body, but I have done the best I can.

No comments: