Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Personal Coach

I know that I made the right decision to train with Mac. Here's proof...

Mac ran all of my repeats with me tonight at workout. Every single one of them.

After warming up, we were to run 6 x 200 uphill at 5k pace, jogging back 200 easy each time, then water break and repeat the entire thing again. When we started, Mac ran out with the fast guys and stopped at the top of the hill to call out everyone's time as they reached the cone marking the end of the 200. I was last (like always), but I hit the time that I was supposed to. Mac jogged easy down the hill with me and I thought that would be it. I was wrong.

Mac ran with me about 2 paces ahead and called out my time on every hill. All twelve times up. I was secretly hoping that he would pick someone else so that I wouldn't have so much pressure to hit my times. I wasn't feeling so hot tonight, but the pressure of having your coach running and timing you is pretty hard to compete with. I had to make my split or Mac would feel like encouraging me to go faster. I did not want him to see me break down.

So, I got way more personal attention than I ever expected. He has never run with me that much before. It was kind of nice (and tough).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds great! Keep it up...tough works so just hang in there.

dr mel said...

Good job hanging in there on a tough workout! We heart Mac. :)