Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Appointments Galore

Do you have a time of year where you have a ton of appointments to go to? I feel like my body must be in its lowest form right now, as I have four different personal appointments to attend to next week.

Appointment #1 - Monday - Dermatologist - I get my skin checked annually for irregular moles and spots. This year I know I have one spot on my shoulder that I will have removed because it is growing and I don't like the way it feels under my skin. It is probably nothing because it feels like a scar and does not look like a mole. I also get to talk about any other skin issues I have been having. I really don't like going to the dermatologist for the mole check, because there have been years where I have to have a few things taken off. I don't want any surprises here.

Appointment #2 - Tuesday - Haircut - Desperately needing one right now. My hair is damaged and way too long. I can't wait to have cleaner ends. No worries, though...I will not be chopping all of my hair off, even though I want to.

Appointment #3 - Wednesday - Dentist - Regular cleaning and exam. I have not been so good about flossing lately, so I will probably get scolded a little. Oh well. I love getting nice clean teeth. I also have about 3 or 4 Whitestrips left from my last box, so I will probably finish them off. I don't really whiten my teeth, just touch ups after cleanings if I feel like I have had a lot of coffee/tea/red wine lately...I have this box from last year where I used about 5 or 6 treatments worth, then quit. I used 3 or 4 more strips before the wedding, and now I have a few left over.

Appointment #4 - Thursday - Gynecologist - oh yay. I am actually seeing my real doctor this time instead of the nurse practitioner. (No, Chad and I are not trying to have kids already, nor do I think I could be pregnant.) I get to chat with the doctor about lady issues, so I guess I am looking forward to a productive appointment.

All I can say is that by next Friday, I will need some serious attention to how beautiful and radiant I look. I will have clean teeth, a fresh haircut, and a body that is well cared for. Maybe I should schedule a manicure for Friday to finish out the week right.

I am thankful that none of these appointments is to the chiropractor, physical therapist, regular doctor, or for one of my family members.

No comments: