Thursday, May 15, 2008

One of my quirks

This post is for my friend Diana. She has witnessed me doing this many many times, and I think she may do this, too, with her Cuties.

I have a little quirkiness when it comes to peeling an orange. I absolutely get a thrill out of removing the white pithy part from the middle of an orange. Sometimes I really love tangerines, mandarines, or other little citrus fruits that have loose peels because I can remove the whole peel in one piece, including the very center. Ideally, it should all come out in one solid piece. I don't know why I get so excited, but I think it is such a beautiful, satisfying thing.
The orange that I peeled today had a really tough peel, so I didn't get the pleasure of pulling out the center attached to the rind. Also, it broke in half, so I am showing you the two separate pieces. However, this was my first orange this season to get a good thick center pith. Very fun!
I know...I'm a little weird for being so quirky about orange pith.

1 comment:

Daryl & Diana said...

I love it! I don't eat nearly as much fruit as you do, but I always think of you when I pull out the belly button in tact. :)

We're home from vacation now. You and I have to try to get to HB before the end of the month, don't you think?