Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was quite nice. Of course, the weather was perfect here in Austin, so no matter what we decided to do, it would be good. Chad and I took my mom to brunch at South Congress Cafe. Since they don't take reservations, we strolled up and down Congress looking at the shops that were open. Brunch was delicious, as always, and I think my mom liked it. Here we are back at the house...this picture is one of the best we've ever taken.


During the middle of the day, Chad and I were tired, so we layed around watching golf. My kitty-children must have known it was mother's day because they piled on the recliner with me and cuddled. Beans usually doesn't cuddle for more than 15-20 minutes at a time, but on Sunday he managed to get so comfortable that he fell asleep on my lap for almost an hour. He probably spent an hour and a half total time on my lap and it was wonderful.


Later in the evening, Chad and I took his mom, Karen, to The Clay Pit. Indian food was Chad's idea, and it was definitely well received by all of us. Dinner was delicious and we had a fun time. We took a few pictures there, too, but they are on his mom's camera.
It was a great day!

2 comments:

erin said...

Mike took his mom to South Congress Cafe, too! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ben looks so content! What a wonderful Mother's Day it was!