Friday, May 02, 2008

(For Tara) 'Please blog something.'

I don't know what to say today...everyone feel free to leave a comment and suggest a topic.

Topic 1 - Living with a Man - beyond man-laundry
  • Sports Illustrated arrives in the mailbox every Thursday.
  • I never expected to be able to sleep through Chad getting ready in the morning. Somehow, I've been able to get used to it :) Why would I need to get up at 5:45, when I can sleep until 7:00?
  • We stay up past my pre-wedding bedtime...maybe that's why I need to sleep 'til 7:00
  • It's really nice to have a husband that will load and unload the dishwasher. I hate that job.
  • I have always considered it a man-job to take out the trash. Chad does that now. Yay!
  • More often now, I turn on the TV and ESPN comes on because it was the last channel watched. That really didn't happen much pre-husband.
  • Yeah, that's about it...

Topic 2 - my life as a runner

  • I sweat more than most people. I also get redder in the face than most people.
  • I also chafe more than most people...between the legs (even with biker shorts), on the waistband of my shorts, on the bottom band of my sports bra, on the top (scoop neck) part of my sports bra, between my butt cheeks (yes, sometimes it happens), under the armpits (rubs up against the seam of my shirt), sometimes even around the pouch of my running tights (an oval shape at my lower back)
  • I may not be able to beat someone at a 5k or 10k, but I probably will be able to outlast them in the marathon.
  • My marathon pace is very close to my 5k and 10k pace.
  • I have run up to 70 miles in a week (ave 10 per day), and 234 miles in a month (ave 7.5 per day)
  • I could count all of my running shirts, shorts, socks, shoes, etc, but it would take me a while. I can almost guarantee that I have more than you, mostly because I don't get rid of much. Recently I got rid of 7 pairs of shorts that I never wear, and had to throw away 4-5 pairs of socks because of the holes in them.
  • My favorite training shoe is the Mizuno Wave Rider. I have a neutral foot with high arches.
  • My official running injuries have been - IT band (had to take 2-3 weeks easy in Aug 2005), IT band again, but on the other side (I took almost a month off in Nov 2005), Inflamed right hip/nerve pain (Jan 2006), Inflamed tendons/ligaments in pelvis (took 10 weeks off in Fall 2007)

More topics anyone?

No comments: