Saturday, May 17, 2008

Have a good weekend!

This weekend has started beautifully! This morning I got up and went down to the trail early to run 3 miles before meeting Melissa for our 7 mile run. My calf muscles were still a little tight from the week's workouts, so I was glad to be able to plod away for a few miles by myself before Melissa and I ran together. As we were getting started, we ran into fellow blogger Erin, who I had not met before. Erin was nice enough to introduce herself...nice to meet you, too! It is funny how we read blogs of people we don't really know, but feel like we know a bit of their personality by following their daily stories.

The run was quite pleasant. Both Melissa and I were running at a comfortable pace enough to chat and not breathe too hard. We were definitely sweaty by the end, but the weather was just beautiful!

I hustled home to shower and was able to buy tickets to see Kathy Griffin at the Long Center in July. The tickets went on sale this morning at 10:00am. I am usually not the kind of girl to wait at the computer for tickets to see a concert or a comedian, so I had a good laugh at myself as I tried to click fast to get seats that are decent. People either really like or really hate Kathy Griffin, and Chad definitely does not care for her. No matter, I will be going no matter what. She is funny to me...I love how she laughs at herself most of all.

So, the weekend is shaping out to be pretty darn successful! Tomorrow I plan to run 5 miles (completing a full 39 miles this week) and will reward myself with a couple of new running clothes pieces. Mom and I are going shopping at Bettysport for her to spend her Mother's Day gift certificate. No, she is not spending it on me...we're just going to share the shopping experience.

4 comments:

MW said...

Why not make it 6 for an even 40!
It's so much cooler to say 40, than 39! it's just an extra few minutes!

Erin said...

hi sadie! :)

we should go for a run sometime... it sounds like you're trying to up your mileage, as am i. let me know!

Unknown said...

You will love Kathy's show. When we saw her last year my face hurt from laughing so hard.

Sadie J said...

hehe...Actually, I will not be running at all today. I don't feel good.

Mike, I technically was only supposed to top off at 38 miles. I ran an extra mile on Monday. Looks like it is going to stay at 34, which I'm okay with.