Monday, December 01, 2008

What's been goin' on?

I was reminded by Mike today that I hadn't blogged in a while. Here's what has been going on with me/us...
  • We got an offer on Chad's house. We made it through the inspection and option period with the buyer, so now we're waiting on the close date to be scheduled by Dec 15. Yay!
  • After we got the offer on Chad's house, we officially started our search for houses (even though we've been looking for about a year). We found a place and put an offer on it, contingent on the sale of Chad's house. We're beyond the inspection and option period on our new house, so we're looking to close on or before Dec 18. Woohoo!
  • I've been running more and more without pain. I've done lots of 7 mile runs and even did a 10 miler this weekend.
  • I ran the Turkey Trot. My performance was much better than I thought it would be because I've been injured and haven't done any speed work for about 2 months. I ran an 8:10 pace with the following disclaimers - I started a minute back in the crowd and had a crazy first mile weaving around folks. I was wearing headphones. I helped Monique push her double stroller up West Lynn. An 8:10 pace on that course with those disclaimers amounts to a 7:50 pace on a flatter course where I don't help with a stroller. Regardless, I'm extremely happy with the time.
  • We had 4 Thanksgiving dinners again this year. I will not ever do that again if I can help it. Next year I'd rather cook at my house than have to eat 4 separate meals. I love our families, but sheesh! Enough is enough.

There's not much else...What do you want to know?

4 comments:

dr mel said...

Wow, all great news, Sadie! Thanks for the update.

Kevin said...

glad u r back out there running again, and good luck with the house.

Daryl & Diana said...

I'm excited for you guys!!

I tagged you one my blog.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I am so exited for you...can't wait for Thanksgiving in 2009 at your place!