Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boxes, Boxes, and More Boxes

I'm in the middle of packing up our condo. Most of the crap here is my crap. Chad's stuff other than clothes is mostly in boxes already. I didn't realize how efficiently I had loaded up my condo...seems like everytime I think I'm almost through with an area, I discover at least 2-3 additional boxes worth of crap. I think I must be about 60% finished because I'm at the point where I can start to see the end but know still have a long way to go.

This afternoon we close on the house. Wahoo! I plan to have a carload of easy stuff to take up to the house this evening. My goal is to get a bunch of kitchen stuff to the house tonight as well as the big computer and at least one of the big TVs.

Tomorrow we have the carpet cleaners coming to steam clean at 9am. I plan to clean and unpack kitchen items tomorrow morning while the rest of the house is unavailable for foot traffic. Our Time Warner appointment is between 1 and 5 so I hope to get a carload or two from the house around the lunch hour before they call and continue the unpacking in the new house after the carpet has dried. I also can work from the new house using my blackberry as a modem. I only took half of a day off Friday, so I need to get a legit 4 hours of work in at some point in the day.

Saturday we have the rest of the day to pack up my condo and have a Christmas party to attend in the evening. My goal is to be completely packed before the party, but I don't know if it will happen.

Sunday is the big move. We hired movers (thank goodness!), but there is a chance that all of our stuff won't fit into the truck. At this point in my life I don't like having to haul boxes myself. However, if it means that our movers can make everything in one trip on Sunday, I'm glad to take trips between now and Sunday morning to help transport the little stuff and our fragile items.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do NOT envy you. I loathe packing/moving and unpacking.

Congrats on the new house!!!