Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Recap

I'm really not big on New Years Eve, New Years Day, or the resolutions that people make. I understand that it is nice to reflect on the past year and contemplate the good and bad decisions that were made to try to make the next year better. 2008 was extremely kind to me...
  • I made it through my job flying solo at multiple meetings. I traveled to Mexico and Florida for work. I also got the standard raise and a performance-based raise this last year.
  • I paced the Austin marathon last year and with my partner, Jennifer, won the Pacer Queen award.
  • Chad and I got married and took a fantastic honeymoon in France. It was a trip of a lifetime.
  • I trained hard over the entire summer only to become injured during the first week of my taper. It was humbling to have to put aside my goals at the last minute because my body would not cooperate.
  • I made lots of new friends and reconnected with many old friends this year.
  • Erin and Tara both moved back to Austin after living away for awhile. Overall throughout the whole year, it has been a great year spending time with girlfriends.
  • We sold and bought a house this year and had our first Christmas together as a married couple in our new house.
  • I am being treated for hypothyroidism (finally!) and other hormone issues and am finally feeling like myself again.
  • I learned to cook lots of new things this year.

This year has brought me patience, confidence, more self-awareness, frugality, and overall a better sense of the woman that I am becoming. I can only imagine what the next few years will bring.

Happy New Years to everyone. Cheers!

No comments: