Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Coffee Firsts...

I used a couple of our wedding gifts for the first time today...

Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder



It was very easy to set up and use. I followed the directions and used some whole coffee beans that I purchased at Whole Foods in their bulk bean section. I like how you can store the ground beans in the stainless steel bowl with the plastic lid they give you.

Cuisinart Brew Central™ 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker



The instructions were a little more complicated than the bean grinder, but I managed to figure out the water filter set-up and figured out how to brew a small batch of coffee. I like how there is a setting for 1-4 cups so that I get a hot cup even though I'm only brewing a little bit. I also like how easy this coffeemaker is to work, despite having a few bells and whistles over the basic coffeemaker. Plus, it's stainless and a little bit retro-looking for the kitchen.

The results? I liked my gigantic cup of coffee, though I think I'm going to experiment with the brands/flavors/grind setting/measured amount so that I get it exactly the way I like.

How do I take my coffee? No cream, just sugar (preferably raw sugar to get the yummy caramel/molasses flavor). My favorite coffee? Kona coffee, medium-dark roast.

No comments: