Friday, December 05, 2008

Pounded by a Sledgehammer

My body was pounded by a sledgehammer. My bones ached. Moving my body was impossible. I may be exaggerating a little, but last night was so painful as I realized that a stomach virus was settling into my body. My stomach and intestines rumbled and grumbled for hours. Within 30 minutes, my headache turned into a shoulder ache turned into a backache turned into a full body ache. After a round in the bathroom screaming out to Chad after every embarrassing sound...'This is just wrong'...'I'm hurting my feelings.'...trying to control my laughing at how miserable I felt.

Immodium came to my rescue as I tried to crawl back into the couch and get comfortable. My bones continued to ache all evening. At my breaking point, I realized how badly I was hurting and begged for Advil. I tried to sit up and it felt like my bones were breaking in two. Of course at that point I started crying like a baby. What a mess!

An hour after Advil my body still ached and I took my temperature again and again...99.1, then 100.8, then 101.0. Yikes! Full blown stomach virus with fever.

Do I feel better today? Somewhat. My bones don't hurt, but my abdomen does. I had a low grade fever when I woke up - 99.1. I expect it will rise slightly during the day. My plan to get better? Sleeping, eating peppermints, drinking water and decaf hot tea, cuddling with kitties.

3 comments:

dr mel said...

Oh, Sadie, that sounds terrible! Take care of yourself (and make Chad take care of you too!). Feel better...

MW said...

ouch!
Hope ya get better!

Bri said...

Hey Sadie, I searched and found your blog. So now you can post about the power of wearing RED. Hope you had a good time running yesterday. BTW, what route did you run? We were together at one spot, but later on you were way way ahead when I saw you on Mesa. I'm confused [my typical state]. Regardless, best wishes, happy holidays and hope to see you again on the road around the big A.