Thursday, December 18, 2008

Week 2 - midweek check-in

I'm on week 2 of my 90 mile build. The schedule says 7-12-7-5-off-14-5 for a total of 50 miles. Last week I had to adjust my schedule and take Wednesday off instead of Friday, and this week has turned into the same situation. I had plans last night with a friend and knew that it would be easier to push the 7 and 5 milers to Thursday and Friday because of my flexible work schedule.

Monday - Tara and I ran 7 miles on Shoal Creek in the afternoon. It was freezing with a strong headwind as we ran north. BRRR!!!! We are tough chicks, though, so we finished just fine.

Tuesday - I needed to run 12, while Tara needed to run 10. I got my 2 miles in and met Tara to finish the rest of the 10 that we needed. We ran on Town Lake and used Chad's Garmin to free-run in South Austin a little. We went to Stacy Pool (which had water and a bathroom) while we wandered through Travis Heights. At the end of the run we were lucky enough to be able to run the trail of lights before it was open to the public at 7pm. I think we caught it at about 6:10pm, and it was pretty enough without every single light being on. Oh, and since it was so cold, it was the second day of running in tights in a row and was the sixth day of running back to back days. My hips were starting to hurt, which always happens when I have to wear tights.

Wednesday - off - I learned how to make crepes from a Belgian exchange student who is here in Austin staying with the family of one of my friends. It was awesome seeing the 'recipe' come out of her head...it is something that she just knows how to make. I got to practice making lots of crepes last night, so I know I have the cooking and flipping part down. Hopefully when I try to make them on my own, they will turn out just as good. We had them with Nutella, but I'm looking forward to making the 'sucre citron' version with fresh lemon juice and sugar. They sure were delicious!

Thursday - this morning I met Tara to run at 5:30 am. The fog was nice! We ran 5 miles together and then I tacked on two more to make it a seven miler. I'm relieved that I only have 5-14-5 left for the week! Oh, and running through fog makes your skin feel really nice. It was kind of like a steam bath, but cold instead.

3 comments:

MW said...

In Sweden we put apple sauce in/on crepes. Try it!

Sadie J said...

That sounds yummy, too. Thanks for the suggestion!

kirsten said...

90 mile build - crap now I totally feel inadequate. I will be curious to see how I fare at Austin with my oddly low mileage. Mmmmm crepes. That is the only kind of pancakes we had as kids - no flap jakes for us. The lemon and sugar deal is really good but Nutella sounds so delicious.