Tuesday, December 16, 2008

House Stuff

We've got lots of house stuff going on this week! Yesterday we closed on the sale of Chad's townhome...YAY! I've never been through the process of closing on a house, so it was somewhat interesting to sit in the meeting and listen to what happens. Being on the seller's side, we had it pretty easy. The couple that bought his house seem like nice folks and since they have been living in a 1BR apartment, I think they're really going to enjoy the extra space and the garage.

We close on our new house on Thursday afternoon. Now that it is getting closer to the actual date, I'm super excited! There is a ton of work that I have to do at my house to get packed up. We have the carpet steam cleaners coming on Friday morning, cable and internet appointment between 1 and 5 on Friday, and the moving truck is all set for Sunday morning. We'll probably be moving some things by hand on Thursday night through Saturday just because we are excited to be moving in. I can't wait to be in the new house and set up our Christmas decorations!

That's all for now on the house front. Wish me luck packing boxes!

No comments: