Monday, November 17, 2008

Unintended Side Effect...The Need to Shop

If you've been following some of my more personal posts over the last six months, you know that I have been dealing with some thyroid issues as well as 'lady problems'. I've been seeing an endocrinologist and have been taking my new prescriptions now since the end of September/early October. My follow up appointment with the doctor is next week and I am due to go in for a round of bloodwork today to check my hormone levels.

Anyhoo...There has been a development (err, should I say 'developments') over the last few weeks that has become much more noticable in my appearance. I suspected my boobs were bigger a couple of weeks ago, but put it off as just having gained a couple of pounds. You lady runners know that if you stop heavy training for a while, you gain a few pounds back and start to get back some of your 'padding' to fill back in some of your curves. What I started to notice however is that I have my 155 pound breasts instead of my 145 pound breasts. I've only gained five pounds since the end of my 55-70 mile running weeks, so I don't really weigh all that much more to warrant these ladies up here...I should only have the boobs that go with my 145 pound body. Over the last few days they have really begun to look bigger. They are not huge melons...I'm dreading what my male audience must be picturing at this point. Most people probably wouldn't even notice a difference. I've just been a small chested girl for as long as I can remember and these breasts are the biggest I've ever had in my life.

So, I had to finally go shopping for bras yesterday. They should list 'need to shop for lingerie' as a side effect on the medicine warning labels. You ladies know that it can be torture to try on 15-20 bras to determine the right band/cup ratio for each brand in the store. You have to have a smooth cup bra for t-shirts and clingy things. You need at least one 'nude' color and one black. Potentially a strapless or convertable strap bra is also on the list. Bra shopping takes forever and it is expensive. It's not like you can be a man and just go get a multi-pack of boxers or briefs or boxer briefs and be done with it at a small cost. In the end, I bought four...nude and comfortable (un-sexy), light pink t-shirt bra, black t-shirt bra, and a strapless bra that was on sale. Ouch for the wallet, but my day-to-day life will be much more comfortable now.

Am I complaining about having bigger boobs? No. Not at all. It is awesome for now, since I've never experienced them. I just think it is really weird to be 'growing' at 31. And, no, I'm definitely not pregnant if that's what you are thinking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, so I don't envy the bra shopping. I so need to do that but not high on the priorities for now.

As for the boobie growth...I'm totally jealous;-)

you have to post any guy comments because I can't imagine what they are thinking!

MW said...

please show me any man who still wears briefs so I can remove his man card from his wallet and have him drink extra soy milk for added estrogen.

This next comment is just for Katie as I presume she wants to hear this:
"Hell yeah!!! Go Chad. You the man!!!!!!"

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear some drugs have great side effects!