Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Current Affairs

I don't know what to blog about. Here are some things that have happened in the past week or so to me or are things that interest me.
  • Book club was this week. We met at Laurel's house, so it was neat to get to see Elle for the first time and to see their house. I mostly enjoyed American Wife, so it was nice to discuss the book with everyone else. If you haven't read it, go to the link and read what it is about. I recommend for both men and women, despite the fact that the cover has a bridal gown on it.
  • We've been trying to come to a decision on our housing situation. Chad's place has been on the market for 5-6 months. Just as we were starting to make up our mind and getting excited about the coming few months...surprise! A couple saw Chad's townhome over the weekend and seem very interested. They've asked for a bunch of the paperwork as if they are ready to make an offer. There is no offer, yet, but we are excited at all of the new possibilities.
  • My Synthroid and Parlodel are starting to work. My BBT chart looks promising this cycle. We are still not trying to conceive, but it is nice to see that my body temperature graph is looking more like a 'normal' graph than all over the place. I'm crossing my fingers that this month will not include more than one or two days of spotting instead of 7-8 days like in the last two cycles. Usually it starts on day 18, so I have at least four more days to cross my fingers.
  • Work is starting to ramp up. A few people at my company have been really bad about responding to my emails and it is causing me some underlying stress. Unfortunately I'm the low person on the totem pole in each situation, so I'm just going to have to find a way to contain my own stress levels. I can't make them email me back, after all.
  • My leg was feeling better. Then, it started hurting again. Now it feels somewhat better. I am hesitant to run over 4 miles.
  • I have already made my Christmas music mix this year and I love it! I've actually put it on my iPod and have run to it a few times. Maybe if you are good this year, you'll get a copy.
  • The Tech game was pretty sucky. I don't really care that Tech beat us. Mostly I care that Texas was not on top of their own game the first half. Most teams have a few series where they hit a 'slump' in the middle of the season. You hope that the slump hits when you play Baylor or Kansas. Oh well. The big grumble that I have about Tech is that they think they are our rivals and that they are a big deal in Texas. Whatever. Most UT students do not consider Tech their rivals...A&M and OU are. Also, Tech is a back-up school for most people. A lot of people end up going to Tech because they couldn't get into UT or A&M. (Maybe that's a little harsh, but it is somewhat true.) I consider them 2nd tier. I hope OK State pounds them.
  • I'm so glad Obama was elected president. I voted for him. If you know me, you know I lean to the liberal side of things. I am finding that I'm even more liberal as I age, which apparently is opposite of the trend in America. I like to think that I am more compassionate and aware of the social issues as the years pass. I am becoming more tolerant. I do respect the opinions that are different than mine, however I prefer to listen to the opinions expressed by people that know the issues and have taken the time to educate themselves. It was amazing to see how many people forwarded all sorts of crazy, misinformed emails around (for both parties) before the election. It made me sad to think that people fall for those things. Every time I got one, I tried to do the backgroud research to confirm or deny the statements that were being made. Anyhow, I enjoy belonging to the following demographic categories when the TV people start bringing up the statistics - white non-hispanic female, college educated (some post-graduate), educator (at least formerly), middle income, straight, married, no children, goes to church occasionally. Maybe I should have posted separately about this...this bullet point is getting to be long.

That's about it for now. What else do you want to know?

4 comments:

dr mel said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering about you since you've been quiet on the blot lately.

Daryl & Diana said...

Daryl says the same thing about Tech and A&M.

Anonymous said...

I've been pretty good this year...I hope I make the Christmas music list!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for electing Obama. To an Australian he looks like the best choice.