Monday, February 04, 2008

Weekend Update

This past weekend was pretty low-key, but turned out to be fun. We kicked off the weekend by having dinner at my dad's house with my uncle Gregg in from Charlotte, NC. He is always fun to catch up with, and his accent always tickles me.

Saturday morning started with a 12 mile run from the new Rogue store. I met up with the Boston and Spring marathon groups at 7:00am to find that I would be running by myself (Melissa was apparently still in bed :)). I am not fast enough to keep up with the Boston group, and the Spring group ladies were a little too far behind me to be a comfortable pace. Oh well, Chad was nice enough to run slowly through the east side to make sure I was not by myself. He claimed that he didn't want to run that section alone, either. It was nice that he made that excuse.

We followed our run with coffee from Progressive and Chad got some tacos from Taco Shack. Next on the agenda was the UT vs. Baylor basketball game. The crowd was great and Baylor gave them a good game, especially at the beginning. I was particularly pleased to see that the Wabash Cannonball student dancer was replaced and that he had learned the pom routine well enough. I could tell that the guy was not the same as the old dancer...his moves were not as sharp and he lacked some of the showmanship that the previous guy had. Nevertheless, it was fun to watch him dance in the aisle. Also, the Chic-fil-A guy made all of his shots, including the half court shot in one try, so it was a great day to be a fan at the basketball game.

We ended the evening with the Rogue Equipment opening party. It was nice chatting with running friends from all around, and really cool to see people in their party clothes. After the party we went to Home Depot to scout paint colors and Oakville Grocery for a glass of wine and some dessert...mmm.

I don't know how I did it, but on Sunday I slept until after 10:00. We missed church and didn't get out of the house until after 1:00 for lunch. After a few errands to Home Depot and Crate and Barrel, we settled back in to watch the Super Bowl. What a great game!!! It was no secret that I was rooting for the Giants, as I think Tom Brady is a loser and a dork, so the end of the game was so exciting! Go Giants! It was especially nice to see all of the defensive pressure on Brady the whole game.

We finished the evening by testing the paint colors on the walls...they look okay at first glance. Hopefully they will continue to look good with a second coat.

Hope you had a good weekend, too.

Oh....I almost forgot!!!! We have mailed our wedding invitations! We are thrilled that our day is approaching fast! (40 days from now)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,it was a SUPER Bowl this year for a change! Woo Hoo March 15 will be here before you know it.

dr mel said...

Wow, you did all that on Saturday without a nap? I'm impressed. :)