Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day after the marathon...sore legs

Of course yesterday hurt like hell. I was hopped up on Advil most of the day. The pain started in my hips, mostly hip flexors and some glute min acute pain. I went to pilates at 9:00 am and thank goodness for the Advil, or I wouldn't have gotten through all of the movements. I still couldn't do everything, but I truly believe that it helped loosen up my legs. The pain went away for about 30 minutes then resurfaced as severe quad pain.


The rest of the day I hobbled around, trying to avoid curbs and stairs. The one thing we did have on our plate for the day was going to the UT basketball game at night. I had visions of mountains of stairs on the way up to our seats at the Erwin Center. We had stairs in the parking garage, stairs leading up to the Erwin Center, an escalator (taken by choice) up to the mezzanine level, a ramp up to the seats and then stairs down to our seats. Reverse all of that on the way back to the truck and that is some serious pain!

This video gets sent around the day after a marathon, and at first I just thought 'yeah, yeah, seen it before'. Late last night I watched it again for about the 4th time and got a good giggle out of it.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

That's so true. Thanks for posting the clip!