Sunday, February 17, 2008

Proud to admit it

I had to pee twice during the marathon today. I have never had to pee during a race before today other than after 5 hours on Pikes Peak.

This morning the lines were way too long for me to stop at a port-o-potty. There were at least 10 people in line for each porto until mile 19. (Pacers have to stay as close together as possible and cannot just wait in line for everyone to get through...we would never catch back up.)

You guessed it, I had to run to the side of the road, pull my shorts down and squat on the side of the road. Twice. The first time was on South First street with very little cover and the thick race crowd could definitely see me. There was even a lady who said 'oh that's gross!'. Oh well, she will probably never know what it is like to have the responsibility of staying on pace.

The second time was coming up Shoal Creek, and I had a lot more cover, so I don't think anyone actually could see my butt from the side.

It is a record number of stops in a marathon for me, and I officially have no shame.
Here's the adidas ad that Mike sent the link to...yup, that looked like me, except I had hundreds of people who could see me and the first tree I was behind was not that big.

6 comments:

dr mel said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh well...if you gotta go...

Unknown said...

You gotta try the lunge...way easier and faster;-)

Sadie J said...

Hah! Thanks ladies!

I would love to be able to use the lunge method (believe me I have tried to master it during Pikes Peak training).

I inevitably pee all over my shorts and hands and legs and shoes. I guess my body likes to be totally naked to pee.

Shorey said...

Haha! That's funny (but I understand). I overheard someone talking about the woman they saw peeing on the side of the road. I guess that was you! At least you OWN it! Rock on!

MW said...

http://www.chayden.net/Runs/Adidas/index.htm
the 4th one... Yeah, you're different.