Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Vday is here again. This year Chad and I are going to eat in again and then go out to the Clay Pit for Indian food on some other night. I have been busy organizing the feast. I have convinced Chad that a vegan meal will still taste really good, so I am really excited to try some recipes from one of my new cookbooks, Veganomicon. Here's what's on the menu tonight...

Salad - Roasted Fennel and Hazelnut Salad with Shallot Dressing
Main course - Spinach Linguine with Basil-Cilantro Pesto and Artichokes
Bread - Fresh Rosemary Foccacia (yes, I'm baking a yeast bread today)
Dessert - Strawberry-Plum Crisp

If he is really nice, I may open my bottle of Muscat that I have been saving for a special occasion to sip on with dessert.

I will probably post about these recipes in my food blog, but I will definitely give an overall report here.

2 comments:

dr mel said...

That all sounds really yummy, Sadie! Are you going to be able to try out any of your shower gifts for this?

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!